About the Project
This project will reconstruct U.S. 30 between state Route 309 and Fifth Avenue in the city of Mansfield. In addition to pavement replacement along U.S. 30, the project also includes:
- Replacement of various bridges, construction of a median barrier, and shoulder widening along U.S. 30.
- Upgrade of ramp merge from the eastbound state Route 13/state Route 545 entrance ramp to east of Fifth Avenue.
- Resurfacing of Longview Avenue from state Route 13 (N. Main Street) to state Route 545 (Olivesburg Road).
- Construction of new eastbound state Route 13/state Route 545 entrance and exit ramps. The new ramps will be constructed between the existing ramps, which will be removed as part of the project.
- Resurface the westbound state Route 13 entrance and exit ramps, and replace pavement on the eastbound state Route 545 entrance and exit ramps. No changes will be made to the existing ramp geometry.
- Increase the vertical clearance under the state Route 545 and the Fifth Avenue bridges.
- Remove the bridge over a driveway off of Longview Avenue.
- Complete maintenance on the U.S. 30 bridge over state Route 13.
- Add corridor lighting and replace the right-of-way fencing.
Work will address deteriorating pavements and poor bridge conditions on U.S. 30, and it will improve outdated design features to reduce the number and severity of crashes on U.S. 30 and its interchanges. U.S. 30 was originally constructed beginning in 1956. The road was most recently repaved in 2010 with pavement repairs in 2017, but the concrete base underneath the asphalt has deteriorated and requires ongoing repairs. The original bridges remaining in this section are also nearing the end of their lifespan.
Construction is expected to begin in April 2020 and continue through spring 2023.
For the week of June 1, 2020 – All outlined work is weather permitting.
U.S. 30, from state Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- Nighttime lane closures – U.S. 30, between 5th Avenue and Trimble Road, will have nighttime, single lane closures from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. to complete pavement repairs beginning Monday, June 1. This work is expected to be complete in two-night shifts.
- Begin construction on state Route 39 – Crews will begin working on the east side of Route 39 while maintaining traffic on the west side
- Longview Avenue is tentatively scheduled to close Monday, June 8
- U.S. 30 westbound ramp to Route 39 northbound is closed permanently per project plans – detour route is posted
- Earthwork continues at the state Route 39 northbound ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound and along Longview Avenue – traffic will be maintained in both of these areas as the contractor prepares for future temporary closures of the ramp and Longview Avenue
Visit this website for more information: